Monday, January 25, 2010

Society of Illustrators

On Wednesday I was booked to do a master class at Society of Illustrators called "Inside Bill Plympton's head" (I don't make up these titles). I remember when I first moved to NYC, the society was one of my favorite hangouts. In fact, I silently swore to one day have one of my piece of art hanging on their august walls. So it was very satisfying to finally return as a guest lecturer.

It was a packed house with lots of fans that seemed to love my show. I did numerous live drawings of my famous characters plus a caricature of animator Dennis Dietrich. I showed the new cut of the "The Cow Who Wanted to Be a Hamburger". They seem to like the new ending. Yeah!
During the Q&A portion I was asked a question by famed illustrator Peter De Seve. I used this opportunity to promote his fantastic new book "A sketchy Past" definitely check it out, you'll love it.

Then a bunch of us went to the local bar to celebrate Peter. I was joined by the wonderful illustrator Jenny Yip and Alexia Gray, one of my first illustrator friends when I moved to NYC. One of her claims to fame is that she drove all around New England with John Lennon who apparently stalked her for quite awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment