Saturday, January 15, 2011

Michael Barrier..


I've known the name Michael Barrier for a while as a recognized and dependable historian and critic of animation, but I'm a bit ashamed to admit that this morning was the first time I ever actually READ anything he's written. If you fall into my sad category, please do yourself a favor and dig into his site, dig deep, this guy is awesome.

Do you ever read something that states exactly how you feel, but would never be able to say it as eloquently or support it enough basic knowledge? Happens to me once in a while (more than I care to admit), and I never forget the person after. Check out Michael Barriers site, and especially his "Commentary" section. Good stuff, enjoy... wow look at that, we're fb friends.

1 comment:

  1. I have most of the books he's written, except "Carl Barks and the Art of the Comic Book". I read his Walt Disney biography in three days. He helped to inspire my views on animation. I highly recommend reading his books. They will open your mind and challenge your views on animation.

    ReplyDelete