Monday, July 23, 2012

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter


I never read the book – although I love the concept. Plus, I'm a big fan of both Tim Burton and Timur Bekmambetov.
 
Well, I have to tell you right off, it's the weirdest, most fun film I've seen all year.
It would have been easy to really camp it up, with the railsplitter putting on a very tongue-in-cheek performance – wink, wink, look how ridiculous this concept is. But, no, Timur played it straight.

Our Civil War president found it very important to rid the South and the North of those evil bloodsuckers.

Timur used his usual visual pyrotechnics to keep the action scenes very eye-catching and original, just like his very original Russian film “Night Watch”.
Now, I must read the book to see what I missed in the film. Rush out and tell your friends to go see “Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter”. You'll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment