Wednesday, September 27, 2017

MVIFF / NY Comic-Con

Before I get to my stories about the great Martha's Vineyard International Film Festival, I want to announce that the fantastic New York Comic-Con is just one week away.  I've decided to stop going out to the San Diego Comic-Con because it's too expensive, and too much of a hassle to get all of my merchandise and personnel across the U.S. every year.  So now you can see me for sure at MoCCA Fest in April and at the NY Comic-Con at the Jacob Javits Center every October.

This year we moved to a new studio space, and the good news is, we're four blocks closer to the Javits.  But we have a smaller office now, and we realized we have way too much stuff - so we'll be offering a lot of my books, DVD's and even original art at deeply discounted prices.  So please stop by and check us out in Booth 2944 at NY Comic-Con, October 5-8.  I will be there every day signing and doing sketches. 

Since the beginning of the Martha's Vineyard International Film Festival, superbly run by Richard Paradise, I've been organizing the Animation Shorts program.  This year I had a great line-up of films from around the world.  Some of my favorites were:

"Pittari" by Pat Smith (my Scribble Junkies partner)

"New York City Sketchbook" by Willy Hartland

"Big Bag" by Daniel Greaves and

"Our Wonderful Nature - The Common Chameleon" by Tomer Eshed.





Wendy Zhao and Willy Hartland were fortunately there to help do a Q&A to a packed audience.  And we got to ride up to Martha's Vineyard by ferry from Manhattan, which was a first for me.  That sure beat taking the train, and I met some other filmmakers on the boat, like Romina Schwedler, who's from Argentina, which is where I'm going next month! 


Richard did a great job of organizing a terrific festival and I got to hang out with some of the other directors and that's one of my favorite things about film festivals.  If you have an animated short - or even a live-action one - please send it to Richard and go - it's a fantastic festival!!

See ya,

Bill

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Bill for including me in the program! Fun weekend in the Vineyard...
    ~Willy Hartland

    ReplyDelete